Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Childhood All-Time Reds Team ('82-'94)

I know everyone has a list of all-time this and all-time that and who really cares. I have found that they are great conversation starters and who doesn't like to argue why their guys is better than yours. I was a Reds fan before I was a Red Sox fan, so here is my childhood All-Time Reds Team (approx. 1982-1994):

Outfield: Eric Davis (no question, also my first favorite player), Paul O'Neil and since I am just doing outfield and not breaking it down into LF, CF, and RF my final choice is Dave Parker. On the infield I chose Hal Morris at first, Ron Oester at second, Barry Larkin at shortstop, Chris Sabo at third and Joe Oliver catching. Honorable mention goes to Dave Concepcion for the middle infield position, Nick Esasky for the corner infield position and of course Bo Diaz at catcher.

Now the pitching rotation: Number one starter is Tom Browning with Jose Rijo a close second. Third outright goes to Mario Soto. Fourth and fifth were tough but strictly going with more games played, I chose Norm Charlton fourth and Ted Powers fifth. The closer of course is the wild thing, Rob Dibble. I have to mention John Franco but wasn't sure whether to list him as a starter or a closer, so he gets his own spot. That's one team I would not have wanted to face in their prime.

Batting Order:
Ron Oester
Barry Larkin
Eric Davis
Dave Parker
Paul O'Neil
Hal Morris
Chris Sabo
Joe Oliver

No comments: